Dive Deep Into Conservation Education
The Guy Harvey Conservation Certification Program honors Educators, Schools and Districts dedicated to environmental STEAM education. Through regional certification trainings held multiple times annually across Florida, Educators gain official Guy Harvey Conservation Certification. The program also offers grants for field trips and classroom supplies, enabling Certified Guy Harvey Conservation (CGHC) Educators to enhance their teaching and instill conservation values in students. The purpose is to empower CGHC Educators with recognition, knowledge, and resources, fostering environmental awareness and contributing to a sustainable future.
By strategically offering certification trainings in five locations across Florida, the program ensures inclusivity and flexibility for educators throughout the state. Ultimately, the Guy Harvey Conservation Certification Program aims to create a ripple effect, inspiring CGHC Educators to become catalysts for positive environmental change in the minds and actions of their students.
Guy Harvey Certified Conservation Educator
Our Conservation Certification Program recognizes and expands an Educator’s dedication to environmental STEAM education and gives Educators the opportunity to apply for Educator Professional Development Grants and Classroom Treasure Chests.
Guy Harvey Conservation Educator Professional Development opportunities are conducted across Florida throughout the year to give Educators around the state an opportunity to get officially Guy Harvey-certified.
Educators may register for any conservation professional development opportunity offered regardless of location.
- Learn the science of our GHF lessons and explore the educational opportunities available at our host location.
- Eligibility to request a Guy Harvey Treasure Chest of classroom supplies for use with our GHF STEAM content.
- Receive an authentic Guy Harvey-signed certificate indicating certification is valid for two years.
- Become part of our online GHF Teacher community.
- Eligibility for Guy Harvey Foundation Education Award and attendance for two at the annual Guy Harvey Foundation gala event.
- A limited number of Guy Harvey Educator Professional Development Grants are available for Educators to attend a Guy Harvey Conservation Educator Professional Development opportunity.
Training Locations & Information
(Click for information on each individual location)
Guy Harvey Educator Training Grant
In cooperation with our education partners, the Guy Harvey Foundation provides a limited number of Educator Professional Development Grants, up to $300, for K-12 Educators participating in Guy Harvey Conservation Educator Professional Development opportunities. GH Conservation Professional Development opportunities enable Educators to become certified as Guy Harvey Conservation Educators, receiving training, educational content and classroom supplies related to GHF Education. These funds are provided to offset the cost of travel, lodging or stipends for Educators attending a GH Conservation Professional Development event.
Expenses to be considered for funding include, but are not limited to:
- gas and/or mileage on personal car
- car rental
- hotel room
- food (limited per diem)
This grant program is open to all elementary, middle and high school Educators interested in becoming a Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Educator. Funds will be disbursed upon the completion of the GH Conservation Professional Development event. An Educator may be awarded one Educator Professional Development Grant per academic year.
Guy Harvey Treasure Chest
The Guy Harvey Foundation provides a limited number of Guy Harvey Conservation Treasure Chests for Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Educators to use in their classrooms. These treasure chests consist of curated classroom supplies to be used alongside our educational content.
CGHC Educators are eligible to receive one Guy Harvey Conservation Treasure Chest per academic year.
Guy Harvey Conservation School
Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Schools demonstrate their commitment to environmental education through professional development, experiential learning, and environmental stewardship. Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Schools empower educators and students to embrace the future of conservation education and inspire their communities to make a difference.
- Experiential learning support through eligibility for field trip grants
- Notification of new GHF educational content
- Signed Guy Harvey plaque for display
- Recognition in the community as a dedicated conservation school
- Guy Harvey Auction Item giveaway for school fundraising event
- Eligibility for participation in Guy Harvey Conservation Online Student Art Contest
- Eligibility for recognition as the Guy Harvey School of the Year with attendance for two school representatives at the annual Guy Harvey Foundation gala eventHow to become a Certified Guy Harvey Conservation School
- Apply to become a Certified Guy Harvey Conservation School
- Review our Guy Harvey STEAM educational content
- Send a minimum of two educators to a Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Professional Development opportunity.
- Incorporate environmental education across multiple subject areas.
- Engage students in hands-on learning using GHF educational content.
- Engage students in at least one environmental clean-up event annually using GHF-Brightmark Marine Plastics educational content.
- Designate a Guy Harvey Conservation School Leader to organize, implement and report efforts, feedback and successes related to the use of GHF educational content.
Guy Harvey Field Trip Grant
Field trips encourage students to engage with STEAM concepts in meaningful real-world ways and reinforce learning in the classroom. The Guy Harvey Foundation provides a limited number of student field trip grants, up to $1,000 per field trip, for Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Schools. Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Educators may apply on behalf of their school for this field trip grant. These funds are provided to offset the cost of travel and other field trip expenses.
Expenses to be considered for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Student transportation
- Venue admission
- Student lunch
Field trip grants are open to current K-12 Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Schools. Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Educators may apply on behalf of their school and be awarded one Guy Harvey Field Trip Grant per academic year per educator.
Guy Harvey Conservation District
Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Districts demonstrate their commitment to environmental education through teacher professional development, experiential learning, and environmental leadership. The Guy Harvey Conservation Certification Program recognizes districts leading the way in shaping environmental education and inspiring others to do the same.
- Framed and signed Guy Harvey lithograph for display
- Press Release to announce district as a Certified Guy Harvey Conservation District
- Eligibility for recognition as Guy Harvey School District of the Year with attendance for two district representatives at the annual Guy Harvey Foundation gala event
- Eligibility for district schools to become Guy Harvey Academy of Arts and Science
How to become a Certified Guy Harvey Conservation District:
- Have at least 25% of district schools meet the criteria to be recognized as Certified Guy Harvey Conservation Schools.
- Have commitment from Superintendent to participate
- Make GHF educational content available to all teachers within the district.
- Commit at least one professional development day for district teachers to attend a Guy Harvey Conservation Professional Development event each year.